Excess Line Association of New York was created by statute in 1988 and began
- Acts as a facilitator between the brokers and the regulators.
- Conducts financial review and oversight of non-admitted markets.
- Provides continuing education:
- Certified provider for C.E. credits
- Lobbies Regulators & Legislators.
- Maintains information database:
- for reporting to regulators.
- to assist members with tax reports.
- Reviews documents for compliance.
- Protects members, consumers and marketplace against fraud.
- Protects state revenues.
- Facilitates and encourages compliance.
- Acts as an industry representative organization.