Excess Line Association of New York was created by statute in 1988 and began
- acts as a facilitator between the brokers and the regulators.
- conducts financial review and oversight of non-admitted markets.
- provides continuing education:
- certified provider for C.E. credits
- lobbies Regulators & Legislators.
- maintains information database:
- for reporting to regulators.
- to assist members with tax reports.
- reviews documents for compliance.
- protects members, consumers and marketplace against fraud.
- protects state revenues.
- facilitates and encourages compliance.
- acts as an industry representative organization.